[Asterisk-Users] Caller entered digits ignored during wait....

Gene Kochanowsky gene at solutionsciences.com
Tue Mar 30 17:46:24 MST 2004

Greetings,

Below is part of the contents of my extensions.conf file.

exten => s,1,Wait,1                               ; Wait a second before
answering.

exten => s,2,Answer

exten => s,3,ResponseTimeout,10                      ; Set the amount of
time the user

                                                            ; has to
make a selection.

exten => s,4,DigitTimeout,5                    ; Set the amount of time
user has

                                                            ; between
each number entry when

                                                            ; dialing an
extension.

exten => s,5,Background(welcome)

exten => s,6,Background(parties)

exten => s,7,Wait(10)

exten => s,8,Background(parties)

exten => s,9,Wait(10)

exten => s,10,Background(vm-goodbye)

exten => s,11,Hangup

I can make a menu selection as long as Background is running however
during Wait(10) DTMF digits are ignored. How can I wait for a response
and register the response at the same time? I supposed I could create a
sound file of 10 second duration and play this but that seems kinda like
a hack to me.

Gene Kochanowky