[Asterisk-Users] 3-4 port FXO card recommendations

Mark Buckaway markb at datasoft.on.ca
Wed Mar 31 09:06:56 MST 2004

In setting up Asterisk, I'm looking to dump my current phone system (Nortel
Venture). I presently have three POTS lines.

I would use a VOIP provider, but now are presently available in the Toronto, ON,
CANADA area that support user owned hardware/software. I need a 416/647 area
code number.

In looking at FXO cards to atteach to the lines, I've seen the Digum single port
FXO card and their multipoort FXS cards. So far, the cheapest route seems to be
to buy three Digum FXO cards; however, the system I want to use them it only has
some three/four PCI slots. Having one card with three FXO ports would be useful.
I'm also open to using an external device. I bought a DLink dual port MCGP FXS
device and that works well. The name of the game is CHEAP though...and Ebay has
not been very useful.

Any recommendations? Experiences?

Mark