AW: [Asterisk-Users] Hot plug PCI?

fabian at gigacodes.de fabian at gigacodes.de
Wed Mar 31 08:06:55 MST 2004

Hi,
i recently tried to install an * server with a hotplug pci board.
(An Intel SPKA4) with a Digium TE410P
But the Chassis/PCI-Bus wasn't able to detect the card.
A Hot plug pci bus normally gives power to all slots on bootup and then
determines which slots are in use. Then it disables the power on the
unused slots. But in my case the bus always disabled the power on the
slot with the digium card in it too. So i was not able to get this to
work! We switched to a te405p and got it working in the non-hotplug
slot. But with Hotplug PCI -> No chance...
Digium suggested to turn off multi processing in the hardware.
But that's not a real solution and wasn't possible as well on this
mainboard.

Regards
Fabian Stelzer
Gigacodes GmbH