AW: [Asterisk-Users] CAPI problems when loading chan_capi.so

Sascha Knific knific at k-sysdes.net
Wed Mar 31 02:07:11 MST 2004

Hi Martin

> I use SuSE 9.0 Pro.
> I don't see any capi.conf - the only similar thing is
> /etc/capisuite/capisuite.conf but I don't know if we're talking about
> the same file...
>
> The module is loaded at system boot:
> ---
> pbx:~ # dmesg  | grep -i capi
> capifs: Rev 1.1.4.1
> CAPI-driver Rev 1.1.4.1: loaded
> capi20: started up with major 68
> kcapi: capi20 attached
> capi20: Rev 1.1.4.2: started up with major 68 (middleware+capifs)
> ---
> I hope it's the right one...

Fine. But this is only the general CAPI driver. You also need the hardware
specific driver (which know how to "talk" to your isdn card).

> The system has an Eicon Diva Server BRI 2M... and by now I can't find an
> specific module...

Unfortunately I don't have a Diva Card so I can´t tell you the module name.

There are two drivers out there. The original one by Eicon is close source
and nailed to a specific kernel (as I think).

You are looking for the driver by www.melware.de (I think it somehow
sponsored by eicon).
They may not be provided by SuSE (check the package list maybe for "eicon"
or so). So it´s possible that you have to get your hands dirty :-)

Grüße
Sascha

Sascha Knific           K Systems & Design
Tel. +49-8151-773260    Wittelsbacherstr. 6a
Fax. +49-8151-773262    82319 Starnberg, Germany
knific at k-sysdes.net     http://www.k-sysdes.net