[Asterisk-Users] Watchguard Firebox 1000 and Asterisk

Bill Hamel asterisk at hamel.net
Tue Mar 30 13:38:01 MST 2004

The firebox has the UDP timeout set pretty low by default, this is a good thing
to help prevent DOS attacks, but isn't a really good thing for a SIP device.

There is no option in the GUI to set this.

However you can go into the config file itself and modify the following:

options.masquerade.udp.timeout: 30
options.services.dynamic.timeout.udp: 25

Set them higher than your "register timeout" on your 7960.

Then save the config file and upload to the firebox.

HTH
-bh

Quoting Glenn Dalgliesh <asterisk at techhat.com>:

> Has any had any experiences with Watchguard Firebox 1000 and Asterisk. I
> have asterisk on public side and phones on the private side. I am able to
> get the phones to register and make outbound calls but the inbound calls are
> intermittent. I have NAT enable in asterisk and on the Cisco 7960.
>
> Any insight would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

> --

dangerous content by the Bugs.Hamel.Net MailScanner,
and appears to be clean.