[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk server lockup

Ariel Batista abatista at avionica.com
Tue Mar 30 08:09:56 MST 2004

Gary Franczyk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are trying to deploy a new asterisk server with a Wildcard T400P
> (quad T1) card.  It uses a custom voice recording app written in the
> perl AGI.
>
> Now that the machine has been in production, it seems to lock up
> within 24 hours of reboot!  When it locks, we can ping the machine,
> but we cannot log in using telnet or ssh.  Asterisk stops answering
> the phone and our Big Brother monitoring scripts stop sending data.
> Nothing is shown in the messages log.  The script we are using seems
> to be ok, since it exits after every

We have seen the exact problem with a production system.  We found out that
it was due to the monitor application connection.  We feel it has a memory
leak and there is never any error other then it starts to slow down in
playing back message and other small signs.  We have stopped using the
Gastman and other monitor applications.  The problem has gone away.  As a
test we started using the Gastman again and after 24 to 36 hours it would do
the same slow down then lockup.  We also have set up a schedule event to
restart the system once a week.  And have not used Gastman nor any
application that uses the monitor.  Sorry this is not a fix but we are
looking into either redoing the monitor application or waiting till someone
fixes this.