[Asterisk-Users] FW: Cisco Firmware Upgrade TFTP time out problems.

James Gardiner asterisk at crafted.com.au
Mon Mar 29 19:25:28 MST 2004

Hi,
I am trying to update my CISCO 7940 phones to the SIP firmware.

I have version 3 and 6 of the CISCO sip software.

I have been all over the manuals and have discovered the following problem.

The phone picks up the OS79XX.TXT file, and starts tftping the image.bin
file, however The phone stops and the tftpd server times out at 94% for the
P0S30300.bin file And 80% for the P0S30600.bin file.

Error in solarwinds tftpd
Timeout error sending P0S30600.bin to (192.168.1.200), 393216 bytes.
Just before this the meter read, send 80%

The phone then tries again and again to download the image file to do the
upgrade...
But always the same error.
I tried this on debian, redhat and now solarwinds tftpd server.  Solarwinds
gave me the best debug.

I have also tried two different phones with the same error. (Ie not likely
to be the phones) Could it be a DHCP config issue?

Has anyone seen this issue before?

Thanks,
James Gardiner