[Asterisk-Users] Codec between * servers

Steven M. Sokol ssokol at sokol-associates.com
Mon Mar 29 18:32:03 MST 2004

If you are using IAX between the servers, you can simply add a codec line to
the iax.conf file to provide the specific codecs you want to use in the
order you want to use them.  Here's a sample

disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

If you want GSM as a fall back, tack on:

allow=gsm

The situation for SIP is pretty much the same.  Google:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=site%3Alists.digium.c
om+allow+disallow+codec

Steve