[Asterisk-Users] voicemail main

kc2eni at nyc-ares.org kc2eni at nyc-ares.org
Mon Mar 29 15:56:45 MST 2004

maybe something like;

exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/12,10)
exten => s,2,DigitTimout,3
exten => s,3,Background(vm-transfer)
exten => s,4,Voicemail,u12
exten => #,1,VoiceMailMain

Alternatively

exten => s,1,DigitTimout=3
exten => s,2,Background(silence)
exten => s,3,Dial(SIP/12,10)
exten => s,4,Voicemail,u12
exten => #,1,VoiceMailMain

When the script moves to step 2 it plays a file (which
I think you should already have in
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds whilst at the same time
listens for some input. If you press the # key when the
transfer message plays the script will jump to
VoiceMailMain.

The second one plays the silence file and allow you 3
seconds to enter a # before it moves on to the normal
phone setup. The advantage of this is that its less
intrusive on other callers. It also allows you to add
other features like second dialtones or enter other
extension numbers so as not to wake the whole house
when trying to call your wife whose watching a movie in
bed.

Mark