[Asterisk-Users] Connecting analog trunks to FXS card

Victor Perez vperez at bkglobal.com
Mon Mar 29 08:29:36 MST 2004

We are looking for the cheapest way to show management we can use an * box as a VoIP gateway from our Merlin Legend. There are no T1 avail in the Legend but we have some analog Trunks available as backup for our T1. Since the X100P does not support DID and it would be way too complicated to set a workaround in our Merlin we are thinking on using FXS cards for incoming, so the merlin gets a dialtone from * and dials the VoIP extension. FXO trunks would be used for outgoing.

Has anybody tried such a crazy setup?

Regards,
Victor Perez