[Asterisk-Users] OT Sipura: Sipura doesn't "see" * hangup PSTN line

Rob Page rob.page at zope.com
Sun Mar 28 10:21:31 MST 2004

I have an Siemens two-line base station connected as follows:

Line 1:  Sipura SPA-2000 Line 1
Line 2:  Sipura SPA-2000 Line 2

I have a single POTS line (Verizon) connected to a Digium X100P card.

[Config excerpts are below]

Issue:  Calling into the * server rings the Siemens base station as
expected.  After about 20 seconds the Siemens base station answers the
call and sends the call to voicemail (I know I should use VM in * but my
spouse isn't yet ready for that...).

   == Spawn extension (from-verizon, h, 1) exited non-zero on 'Zap/1-1'
     -- Hungup 'Zap/1-1'

Then the caller hangs up.  Asterisk "sees" this hangup and disconnects
the PSTN line (I confirm this with a monitor phone on the POTS line).

Asterisk sends the SIP BYE command, and receives the OK response from
the Sipura.  For some reason the Sipura doesn't hangup line 1 and, as a
result, every message on the Siemens base station has a ~15 second
Congestion tone trailer.

Any ideas?  Most likely the answer is "bug in Sipura, move quickly to
*-based VM, right?  :^)

Relevant zapata.conf entry:
-------------------------------------
[channels]