[Asterisk-Users] IAX drops calls exactly 5 secs into the call

Brian Mulligan brian at khizr.com
Fri Mar 26 03:50:53 MST 2004

> Hi List,
>
> Two boxes
>
> A   has a PRI
>
> B   terminates SIP devices
>

> A  <--IAX-->  B
>
> Both on the same switch, same IP network.
>
> Call from PSTN to A gets pushed via IAX to B -> Sip device
> with no problems.
>
> Call from Sip device -> B via IAX -> A -> PSTN
> will drop exactly 5 seconds after the call is answered.
>
> I've built with 0.7.2, 1_0_Stable  devel    etc
>

> Any clue / hints ??

This strongly resembles a SIP problem I had with Grandstream SIP phones. The
phones did not like the codec and refused to ACK. The Invite protocol should
go; Phone sends INVITE
Asterisk sends 200 OK with preferred CODEC
Phone refuses to ACK (does not like CODEC)
Media exchange begins (call seems OK)
A few seconds later * dumps call cos no ACK

Do a dump of the protocol (Ethereal, tcpdump) and check it out. Might be a
similar problem.

Brian