[Asterisk-Users] IAX drops calls exactly 5 secs into the call

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Mar 25 18:56:04 MST 2004

> Two boxes
>
> A   has a PRI
>
> B   terminates SIP devices
>

> A  <--IAX-->  B
>
> Both on the same switch, same IP network.
>
> Call from PSTN to A gets pushed via IAX to B -> Sip device
> with no problems.
>
> Call from Sip device -> B via IAX -> A -> PSTN
> will drop exactly 5 seconds after the call is answered.
>
> I've built with 0.7.2, 1_0_Stable  devel    etc
>

> Any clue / hints ??

Not enough info to guess. The five second disconnect would suggest a sip
problem, but without "iax debug" or "sip debug" outputs (or even some
CLI clues), some clue as to sip phones used, conf files, etc, no guess.
Might check the /var/log/asterisk/messages file to see if anything
provides a hint.

Rich