[Asterisk-Users] IAX and Snom200

Christian Stredicke stredicke at snom.de
Thu Mar 25 14:36:45 MST 2004

I think Asterisk should have no problem with NAT, even when used with SIP. I
mean just listen for the first RTP packet and send the stream where it comes
from (that's called symmetrical NAT). I think everybody is doing it like
this now and they are selling their stuff for thousands and thousands of
dollars.

Well we do try to look over our shoulders. There is a lot of tempting stuff
out there, and making decisions is difficult. At the moment I think it would
be a mistake for us to start another development branch. We simply have too
many open issues with SIP already. We hope to have a great phone (some
day.-) that fits Asterisk pretty good although it's just using SIP.

Christian