[Asterisk-Users] CDR and Mysql (or Postgre)

asterisk asterisk at crowhurst.ws
Wed Mar 24 21:44:08 MST 2004

I have been researching using mysql as a database to manage the cdr's.

However, I do not see how to get asterisk to insert the records directly in
the database. All I can see from my searches is some scripts to copy the
master.csv text file into the database. However I think this would be
problematic. If you copy at midnight, then do you erase the file after you
copy it? What about calls that are still ongoing? Where do they get logged?

How are other people moving the CDR's into a database in real time for
billing either pre-paid or post-paid?