[Asterisk-Users] RxFax questions ?

James H. Cloos Jr. cloos at jhcloos.com
Thu Mar 25 05:41:10 MST 2004

>>>>> "Juan" == Juan J Sierralta P <juanjo at atmlab.utfsm.cl> writes:

Juan> I been playing with RxFax ...  I received a FAX and it seems
Juan> that the aspect ratio of the image is different, ...  The image
Juan> resolution is 1728x1092.

Traditional fax has two resolutions:  98 lines/inch and 196 lines/inch.
Usually the former is used unless you specify the latter when sending.

So, unless you specify fine mode, what you got is normal.

To view it as it would print, you must either stretch it 2x
vertically or view it in software like viewfax¹ that does
that for you.

-JimC

¹ by Frank D. Cringle <fdc at cliwe.ping.de>
  cf ftp://ftp.sgi.com/sgi/fax/contrib/viewfax/