[Asterisk-Users] Distinctive Ring Detection On incoming calls

Vic Cross vicc at veejoe.com.au
Thu Mar 25 06:43:33 MST 2004

Duane,

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Duane wrote:

> Problem is it seems most countries send a distinctive ring then the
> caller ID, however here it appears a short ~50ms ring is sent, followed
> by a pause with caller ID *then* the proper ring/distinctive ring is
> sent, is there any simple way to get asterisk to ignore trying to match
> a distinctive ring with the first 50ms segment, and do it on the 2nd
> segment instead?

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0001007

I lodged this patch some time ago, but no action -- I think it's brutally
ugly, but it worked for me.  By all means, try it out (or improve on it).

It would be much better to change the way the code works by controlling
where the CID and/or distinctive ring detection is done via configuration,
rather than just repeating a block of code like I did.  I never got around
to making a version two (yet).

There may also be a conflict with the "#define DEFAULT_CIDRINGS 2" that we
require here to generate proper CID data for analogue handsets attached to
zaptel FXS channels.

Cheers,
Vic Cross