[Asterisk-Users] jittered voice over hisax passive card

Jens P. Hansen jph at scandev.com
Wed Mar 24 14:44:50 MST 2004

Marko Rakar wrote:

>this is now getting interesting;
>
>when I do echo test from my mediatrix unit to asterisk it works
>correctly
>when I do echo test from my isdn4linux adapter it also works correctly
>when I connect two mediatrix units through asterisk they work correctly
>when I connect my isdn4linux adapter to public ISDN network it also runs
>fine
>
>but when I try to call from isdn4linux passive adapter to mediatrix then
>voice comming from mdiatrix is clear while my voice from isdn adapter to
>mediatrix is broken, cut off or completely garbgled
>
>I am completely baffled by this

Throw out I4L and the hisax drivers and use the zaphfc (found at
http://www.junghanns.net), by using that you simply specify your
faxboard as a zaptel device which makes the configuration much easier
-and due to the excellent driver by Junghanns your jitter will disapear
as mist in the sun.

K.Rgds
Jens,