[Asterisk-Users] Plugging Asterisk Security Holes....

thisemailaddressisbogus at risehigh.com thisemailaddressisbogus at risehigh.com
Tue Mar 23 18:53:46 MST 2004

Hello,

I am interested in knowing if someone has done any work on

IPSec
VPN
SSH port forwarding

for Asterisk boxes. If so, it will be nice if we can all share our
experiences here. I am perticularly interested in finding out which
solution is the best for securing voice channels over the internet.
Assuming we use IAX protocol, does it make any difference?

Another topic of interest is securing the box itself. Does a firewall
(hardware outside of the box or a linux based firewall) suffice the need?

Let's discuss some of the security issues around asterisk here.

Thanks a lot for your feedbacks and comments.

James