[Asterisk-Users] Incoming Fax Call to File

Ryan Thrash rthrash at studiovertex.com
Tue Mar 23 18:16:20 MST 2004

I can't seem to find an answer in the archives covering this (or maybe
I just missed it)... Setting up * and hope to accomplish the following:

1) Use 5 of our DID numbers from our PRI for inbound fax reception
2) When * receives a call on one of these lines, it digitizes the
incoming fax to a multi-page .tif file (ala eFax.com) rather than
transferring it to an analog fax machine.
3) Based on the DID number, e-mail the resulting fax to a specific inbox

The end result--when coupled with doing the same for voice mail
messages--would be a unified inbox, which we really are hoping to have
soon.

To accomplish Part 2, do we need a fax board or some such piece of
external hardware, or is the processing power of a dual Xeon server
coupled with some as-yet-to-be-identified-DSP-esque software capable of
translating "fax-static" into an image?

Thanks for any ideas or pointers.

--
Best regards,