[Asterisk-Users] ztdummy

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Tue Mar 23 11:00:41 MST 2004

The USB core was completely rewritten in 2.6, and as such the functions
that ztdummy depends on do
not exist in 2.6.  I get the feeling that these changes are too much to
easily fix ztdummy, so I don't
expect to see it working on 2.6 any time soon (if ever)

I made some small changes to zaprtc to work on 2.6 and I have MoH and
Meetme functions working
fine in my lab.  For production I would accept the party line and buy a
Digium card, but for lab work
and prototyping, zaprtc meets my budget.

Dan

  _____

	From: Zac Amsler [mailto:zamsler at cc0.biz]
	Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 8:05 PM
	To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
	Subject: [Asterisk-Users] ztdummy

	Hey all, I have an issue with compiling zaptel on my server.

	I have a debian server with 2.6.4 kernel.

	I am getting some errors when I try to load the module.

	Installing module ztdummy. If the device isn't there, or isn't
configured correctly, this could cause your system to pause for up to a
minute.

	FATAL: Error inserting ztdummy
(/lib/modules/2.6.4/misc/ztdummy.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or
unknown parameter (see dmesg)

	FATAL: Error running install command for ztdummy

	Installation failed.

	Please press ENTER when you are ready to continue.

	I have compiled zaptel as::

	Make clean

	Make linux26

	Make install