[Asterisk-Users] SoftFAX/spandsp

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Tue Mar 23 09:30:22 MST 2004

Alex Zarubin wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> We've got VFX/40ESC and VFX/40ESC plus, tried both. Can send faxes
> from our
> platform to your system if it helps.

I have been testing with a VFX/40ESC. There is a chunk of the T.30 spec
I forgot to implement. I am adding it now. However, the biggest problem
with the data from the Dialogic card is a total disregard for the specs.
It seems I need to relax things quite a bit to tolerate this crap.
Dialogic get the test phase of the V.29 modem training totally screwed
up, then follow it by screwing up the T.30 trainability test pattern
too. It seems modems like this make the internal test of the V.29
training sequence totally unreliable, and therefore useless. AHHHH!

Regards,
Steve