[Asterisk-Users] Can i do voice chat without using the hardware

Michael Van Donselaar mvand at vandonselaar.org
Mon Mar 22 14:01:20 MST 2004

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 08:00:58 -0800 (PST), suresh kumar <idcsureshp at yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Hi Michael,
>
>Thanks a lot for your help.
>I can see the four files when i untar the iaxComm.
>How can i get the *CLI prompt?

Just as you have been: asterisk -r

>Is it possible to uninstall the asterisk package?
>If so, how can i uninstall so that i can configure
>asterisk with iaxComm.

You don't need to uninstall either package to get the other to run.

Asterisk and iaxComm can coexist in the same filesystem.  You just can't run
them at the same time.

You can have asterisk and iaxComm installed on the same machine.  No need to
uninstall either application.  They have no files in common.