[Asterisk-Users] X100P Tone-based Supervisory Disconnect ?

Gelson Dias Santos gelson.santos at opservices.com.br
Mon Mar 22 13:14:29 MST 2004

    Hello all,
    Through the previous two weeks I have been working on my first
asterisk installation. So far all my doubts and problems were aswered by
the list history or on-line documentation. I have a two SIP softphones +
external analog line working fine. However, I just came across a
documented problem that as far as I can tell there is no good answer:
the X100P FXOdoes not  hung up  when  the remote end disconnects. I have
a X100P connected to an extension of my company PBX. When I get an
incoming call, it stays up even when the caller disconnects and I have
to use a soft hungup.
     I  have already tried all signalling methods (ks, gs, ls) with no
luck. Searching  on the web I found a good description of the problem on
the Cisco site:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/signalling/fxo_disconnect.html
    There is a method of hang up detection there called Tone-based
Supervisory Disconnect. It seems to me that it would fix my problems,
because my company PBX does send some fast tones when the line gets
disconnected by the remote end.
    Does asterisk have this feature? How can I turn it on?

    Thanks a lot,
    Gelson