[Asterisk-Users] AGI startup on channel when asterisk starts

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Sun Mar 21 19:08:18 MST 2004

On Sun, 2004-03-21 at 16:05, Jerry Geis wrote:
> All,
>
> I am looking for a way to have my AGI startup on a channel
> automatically when asterisk starts. Is this possible?
>
> I have my AGI working for when a call comes in - however I
> would like the AGI started up automatically with asterisk on
> a couple channels as I want to monitor my database and when
> things happen place a couple calls etc. I am aware of the outgoing
> directory but that is not exactly what I am wanting to do unless
> there is a way to have the commands in the file not actually dial
> but just give me a channel and start my AGI. They my AGI can
> place the call if that is what is required.

As I told you one of the very few private mails I respond too, This is
not what you want to do.

AGI should not dial out as it will not continue to process the call at
that point.

Use AGI to handle the inbound calls, use a separate monitor app if you
need to to initiate calls that will then be dropped in your AGI.

Spend a little time learning and reading the list. you will find
examples of each stage of your request. If you don't understand the need
for the separation, continue reading the list until you do. Don't try to
shoe horn asterisk into your idea of how things should work. Allow you
mind to open to the way asterisk does things and you will eventually
understand the extra flexibility available to you.