[Asterisk-Users] Echo Cancellation (Newbie Qu)

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Mar 21 13:59:55 MST 2004

> I've tried all the other methods of dispelling the x100p echo mystery such
> as echo training rx tx gain through ztmon and swapping POTS lines etc etc.
> Can someone mail me a step by step guide to changing the echo cancellation
> algorithms such as Mark,Mark2, Steve etc.

I spent a fair amount of time back in the October/November timeframe mucking
around with echo problems. I had substantial issues with it at that time.
Mark made some changes based on lots of complaints back in that timeframe.

One of the things that is not at all clear (in postings and other doc) is
that changes made to the zapata.conf file "must" be followed by a total
restart of asterisk. That includes changes to rxgain, txgain, etc. A reload
does not cause the x100p driver to re-read zapata.conf.

I've been running with Dec 4th version of the zapata CVS and the following
x100p config, and echo is just barely perceptable during the first half
second or so of a call.

context=inbound-home
switchtype=national
signalling=fxs_ks