[Asterisk-Users] Packet8

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Sun Mar 21 05:35:13 MST 2004

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004, Zac Amsler wrote:

> I know this issue has been address before, but I can not find someone who
> has the answer.
> I am trying to get my * server to authenticate directly to packet8.
> I was very close to them actually giving me the information and possibly
> using them for my SIP -> PSTN termination, but that fell through. They
> didn't think they had enough bandwidth. (LOL)
>
> There are a few questions that I would like to know answers to.
>
> -> Does anyone currently have a working implementation in which asterisk
> authenticates to pakcet8? (Making and receiving calls via packet8) If so,
> could you please share?

Hi,

I used to use * with Packet8 - it took some fixes to the * SIP
implementation but those are in the CVS long time ago.

But then Packet8 started sending emails complaining about my
"foreign" UA software and threatening disconnection.  I suppose this
was to do with stopping people pumping millions of minutes through one
flat-rate account.  Ironically, I was on the per-minute rate.

Anyway - I disconnected and concluded that Packet8 didn't want to deal
with us.  No loss to us - providers like Nufone and Magrathea and
others are there to take our business.

Steve