[Asterisk-Users] Use of Alert_Info with C7960?

Nicolas Gudino nicolas at house.com.ar
Sat Mar 20 17:23:51 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rich Adamson" <radamson at routers.com>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2004 8:55 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Use of Alert_Info with C7960?
> > > On the phone, Settings/Ring Type indicates: Chirp 1, Chirp 2, Old
Style

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-February/036747.html

> > Try using:
> > exten => 555,1,SetVar(ALERT_INFO=<Bellcore-dr3>)Best regards,Nicolas
>
> The wiki indicates Alert_Info can be set to a number, and implies that
> number is the ringer type listed on the phone. Is there a way to select
> one of the internal ringer types via Alert_Info?

Hi Rich,

The different ring tones are features of the sip phone/adapter. I dont have
any Ciscos, but I do have the Sipura SPA-2000. I'm using ALERT_INFO to set
distinctive rings and it works great. But the name of the ringtone is
different from the one I quoted for the Cisco:

exten => 12,2,SetVar(ALERT_INFO=Bellcore-r3)

Is the phone/adapter job to interpret the alert info and play the acording
ring tone. If the phone expects Bellcore-dr3, you should send that. Best
regards,

Nicolas