[Asterisk-Users] Important: The Asterisk Mailing list (new subject)

Darren Nickerson darren.nickerson at ifax.com
Sat Mar 20 07:36:59 MST 2004

> EVERY other mailing list I use sets Reply-To to the list address.  If the
> asterisk lists change, then I'll be increasing the chance of so-called
> "embarrassing gaffes" by not remembering how the list I'm posting to this
> minute operates.  Besides, the times I've seen such gaffes from mailing
> list users, it serves to remind that user to take more care when directing
> messages (yes, including when I've done it myself).

That's an interesting data point Vic, thanks. I just did a quick survey of
the multitude of mailing lists I'm on (a lot of technical discussion forums,
like IETF etc), and NONE of them implement Reply-to munging. Perhaps we run
in different circles ;-)

Anyway, I'll let this thread die now. Thanks for your feedback.

-Darren

--
Darren Nickerson
Senior Sales & Support Engineer