[Asterisk-Users] Important: The Asterisk Mailing list (new subject)

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Mar 20 01:46:58 MST 2004

As I started this trend I take the right to end it.

I just want us to follow John Postel's rule for how to act on the Internet
(I think he defined it for TCP/IP software, but it can be applied here too.)

	Be strict in what you send
	Be generous in what you accept

Sending a reply to the list might not always be the best choice if it's
a personal matter, a quote for services or something. But we still want all
tips and tricks, solutions and suggestions flowing on the list. The list
archives is a valuable resource for those of us trying to write documentation,
find bugs and solve bugs. We don't want those messages to go in private channels.

This case is closed. However, there *A LOT* of open cases on http://bugs.digium.com
that we need your help in solving. If you do not feel that you can assist in
bug-hunting, you can assist in testing additions to Asterisk (patches) and
make comments. Keep bugs.digium.com cooking. We need to kill bugs in order to
reache the 1.0 release soon. If you have questions and need help navigating
bugs, find a bug marshal on irc. They're listed on the front page of the
bug tracker.

Thank you for your help and assistance in getting closer to a 1.0 release!

/Olle