[Asterisk-Users] 5300 to * help needed

Khan Lewis asterisk at trip5.com
Fri Mar 19 12:21:33 MST 2004

I'm new to *, and am getting stuck in the following scenario...

POTS -------> 5300 (G.729) --------> * -------> H.323 IVR (G.711)

In this setup, I have a remote AS/5300 that sends calls through a T1 to
the * server, using G.729. The * server needs to convert G.729 to
G.711/ulaw to send to a proprietary H.323 IVR (on the same LAN). The
proprietary H.323 IVR needs to receive the original ANI and DNIS of the
caller.

The problem I'm running in to is that I can't get * to find the right
context on the incoming calls from the 5300. My question is, how do I
configure sip.conf or h323.conf to identify all calls coming from the
5300 into a single context, regardless of the ANI or DNIS (or in worst
case scenario, if the context is found based on DNIS regardless of what
ANI)? Here's what I've tried so far...

sip.conf
-----------
[general]
port = 5060
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
context = sip_unknown   ; default sip context
disallow = all
allow = g729

[from_5300]
type = user		; only allow incoming calls
deny = 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit = x.x.x.x/255.255.255.255	; x.x.x.x = 5300 address
host = x.x.x.x
context = sip_from_5300
dtmfmode = rfc2833

Now, when I turn on sip debugging, and place a call (through the POTS
to the 5300), it turns out that the "sip_unknown" context is being
used, instead of the "sip_from_5300" context that I'd like to use. I
know that the calls are being delivered appropriately, because if I set
up extensions.conf with a "sip_unknown" context to run meetme, I can
join a conference with no problem.

Sincerely,
Khan Lewis