[Asterisk-Users] High latency from Europe, 500-800ms.

bill at computrust.com bill at computrust.com
Fri Mar 19 12:18:00 MST 2004

Thanks for info, but this didn't seem to help.

Just to clarify, we are in south-eastern Europe, and obtaining the Net
via satellite.

As stated, the 7940 on the same network, connecting to the US, it works
great, but when we have the 7940 connect to the local Asterisk server,
which then connects to the US, it is very choppy.  Maybe the Cisco's
have inherently better CODEC support?  Maybe the one additional hop with
the local Asterisk server is making the difference?

Bill