[Asterisk-Users] Newbie Start Question

Mamadou Lamine KA lamineka at chaka.sn
Fri Mar 19 07:30:01 MST 2004

Hi Everybody,

I am very new to Asterisk. I want to set up a PBX and an IVR server with it.

I have a wildcard X100P and a TDM400P on my RedHat box.

I have installed Asterisk and the devices and everything seems OK. ( Asterisk Ready )

Now I want to launch the Demo context in /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf so that when a call comes it is directed on that context. How shall I proceed?

I have of course read the Asterisk handbook but it is too the theorical to me. Could someone tell me where i can find exact informations on how to set up and how to use IVR server with Asterisk.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Mamadou Lamine KA