[Asterisk-Users] Can i do voice chat without using the hardware

suresh kumar idcsureshp at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 19 06:53:44 MST 2004

Hi,
Thanks for your help. I had gone through the
www.voip-info.org and got more information regarding
the asterisk. Still now i am not clear, how can i test
this software. I had gone through the mailarchieves,
but didn't get any solution.

My aim is that, i want to connect my PC (where i
installed the asterisk) to another PC in my network
for voice chating. For this purpose, what are the
steps to
be done? which are the files to be modified. I would
like to make use of the existing Hardware (sound card,
network card etc), i am not using any extra hardware.
Is X-Lite work in Linux? or any compatible s/w that
works under linux?

I am expecting an help from experienced person like
you. Or can you please send
me the link where i can get more information to tackle
my problem.
Thanking you,
Best Regards,
Sur