[Asterisk-Users] MWI only working after handset was lifted once

Oliver Kaven oliver_kaven at k-networks.com
Thu Mar 18 09:56:44 MST 2004

Hello, All.

I have a bit of a peculiar problem with MWI.

First some basics:

Hardware: PT390 connected to a Digium TDM400P

I included "mailbox=100" statement in zapdata.conf and the mailbox is
defined in voicemail.conf.

Everything works OK. I receive VMs, and when I pick up the handset I get
the stutter tone. However, the MWI light on the PT390  ** does not come on
until the handset was picked up once***. After lifting the handset and
returning it to the hook it comes on and indicates correctly if there is a
VM. or not.

Am I missing something?

Oliver