[Asterisk-Users] USB Headsets (Plantronics DSP-400)

Ed Rubright ed at rubright.net
Wed Mar 17 13:36:39 MST 2004

Hello all,

I'm thinking about getting the Plantronics DSP-400 headset for use with
Xlite softphone.  I currently have a "analog" headset that does NOT have a
DSP on board, which gives me mediocre call quality and echo when talking to
the PSTN thru my X100P card.  I have zero echo when talking thru my X100P on
my cordless phones attached to the Digium TDM400P.

Before I got spend the money I was wondering if others using USB headsets
with a DSP and getting good results?  My thought was thought by using a
headset with a DSP on board the echo would go away?

Any advice on which USB headset in general to use with a softphone?

Thanks in advance,
Ed Rubright