[Asterisk-Users] NuFone?

Darren Wiebe dkwiebe at hagenhomes.com
Wed Mar 17 09:53:14 MST 2004

Robert Hajime Lanning wrote:

--snipped--

>Their business side (and trouble shooting) is not ready for prime time.
>
>Issues:
>  o NO BILLING!
>  o no detailed accounting
>  o no way to check your account other than emailing a request.
>    - I may setup a cron job to request my account ballance once a week.

Jeremy says they are hard at work on enabling this by adding
functionality like connect.voicepulse.com has.  I hope they do soon
because I must have the auto-refill so I'm forced to use voicepulse.

>  o I couldn't dial 800 numbers via Nufone (IAXTel and PSTN worked)
>    - I had forwarded him all pertinent information from my configs - All I
>got from support was, "Everyone else can." and "I can't reproduce
>      it" and "we treat 800 the same as all other US calls", even after I had
>suggested that it wasn't him, it was the carrier he passes the call to.
>    - I finally figured out that his carrier requires exactly 10 digits in the
>      callerID, for tollfree numbers.  This requirement does not exist for any
>other US number.
>
>I am wondering when Nufone will get serious about being a business with
>customers to be responsible to.

I think maybe they are working on it.  Even if it sometimes takes them a
bit to get back to me,  I still consider their service to be far
superior to a lot of companies I deal with. :-)

Darren Wiebe
dkwiebe at hagenhomes.com