[Asterisk-Users] Newbie - Bashing head on wall! - RH9 - * - How do I install AVM C2 ISDN Pretty Please!

Diego Ercolani ercolani-asterisk-users at yacme.com
Tue Mar 16 10:35:44 MST 2004

Il 18:24, martedì 16 marzo 2004, Nick Grindley ha scritto:
> Hi All,
>
> Sorry to be a pain nut I have spent three days with no joy at installing
> the AVM C2 ISDN card. I even tried to install it in a Suse box!
>
> So please (in child like terms for me please) what are the steps and what
> software package do I need to install the AVM C2 into the following
> config: -
>
> Linux Version 2.4.20-8 – i686
>
> I have also installed mpg123, zaptel, zapata (do I need this?), libpri and
> asterisk. All from CVS today.
>
> I am using grandstream phones and can call each phone, leave and receive
> voicemail etc. However I cannot do a pppd call isdn/avm out of the box - if
> I cannot even do this there is no chance with *!
>
> Any help you can give will make me very happy. But please keep it simple as
> I am now convinced that I have lost it!!!!
>
> Regards to all you good people here and thanks.
>
> Nick (FRUSTRATED OF SCARBOROUGH)!!

Use yast2 from suse and configure isdn:

1. capi4linux
  -> you have to install AVM CAPI4linux driver
http://www.avm.de/de/Service/AVM_Service_Portale/Linux/index.php3

  -> you have to install capi_chan http://www.junghanns.net/asterisk/
  -> you have to configure asterisk capi.conf and extension.conf

2. i4l
  -> you have to use hisax as driver
  -> you have co tonfigure modem.conf to use i4l
  -> you have to configure extension.conf

Hope this would help you