[Asterisk-Users] Web service to start a conference and voice mail

Greg Renouf grenouf at well.com
Tue Mar 16 10:06:24 MST 2004

Serge,

Are you talking about calls to the PSTN?  If so, there is no universal
standard for indicating the call is answered be voice mail.  This is
possible with GSM; however, you must have SS7 signalling (not directly
available on * at this time.)

I would recommend that you write your app so that it asks the person to
answers the call to enter a touch-tone to indicate they wish to be
connected to the conference.  This is much easier than having * guess if
it has reached a person or not...

-GSR

p.s. I'd love to have a look at your app if you are willing to share
it...