[Asterisk-Users] about voice conference system. I need suggests

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Tue Mar 16 09:36:52 MST 2004

wangji wrote:

>That's what Intel want to do, too. They guys have released a hardware
>emulation software works like an four channel IP board. And they want to use
>only interface board + host CPU instead of Dialogic products, so that they
>needn't use DSP etc.

Have you actually tried playing with that software? Its is very limited,
and doesn't seem have moved very much in a couple of years. Its a little
odd. Although Intel presumably wants to sell Dialogic cards, they also
like promoting their fastest CPUs. What they have is software that
supports very few channels, and only very simple basic DSP functions.

Regards,
Steve