[Asterisk-Users] about voice conference system. I need suggests

wangji wangji at bjut.edu.cn
Tue Mar 16 09:16:47 MST 2004

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com] 代表 Nicolas Bougues
发送时间: 2004年3月16日 22:36
收件人: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
主题: Re: [Asterisk-Users] about voice conference system. I need suggests

> On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 10:10:01PM +0800, wangji wrote:
> >
> >    I am trying to deploy a conference system. There are 16 fxs ports, 16
fxo
> > ports and 32 conference resource(device) with conference management
system.
> > It should support max to 16 parts in a conference and max to 8
conferences.
> > And I only have 1 week to do that.
> >

> Looks ambitious...
:)

> >    I want to use Dialogic boards: 1 D160sc + 1 MSC160sc + 1 DCB320sc. I
> > choice Dialogic because of I have wrote codes on Dialogic hardware. I
have
> > wrote codes use Globecall under Dialogic Linux release 5.1. And I never
> > found those hardware like Quicknet, Zaptel, LineJack, Pika, VoiceTronix,
> > etc. in my country. These hardware should spend my time to choice, buy
and
> > study.  In my country, people usually use Dialogic, NMS and audiocodes.
> >

> Zaptel devices don't have widespread retail channels. But I believe
> you can buy them from about anywhere on earth, provided that you can
> do a wire transfer and receive the Fedex guy. It's certainly possible
> in China.

In China, it's complex that buy things from other country like that you say,
especially the procedure of customhouse. And maintenance and other services
is a problem. Therefore I want to avoid that.

> >    I find three open source softwares from Google: GNU Bayonne, GNUCOMM
and
> > Asterisk and other way like PublicVoiceXML. I read the documents of
those
> > softwares. It seems to not support Dialogic conference board DBC-320. I
> > don't know if one of them support at this time. Who know that?
> >

> Asterisk is designed to use the host CPU to perform various kind of
> tasks (signalling, signal processing including conferencing, etc.)
> that are performed by embedded processors on Dialogic hardware. Thus,
> it makes no sense to have support in Asterisk for every kind of
> Dialogic board : they are overkill, and overpriced, to be used with
> Asterisk no matter what.

That's what Intel want to do, too. They guys have released a hardware
emulation software works like an four channel IP board. And they want to use
only interface board + host CPU instead of Dialogic products, so that they
needn't use DSP etc.

> >    I need to choice a solution to finish that job. It should be easy,
> > powerful enough, cheaper, convenient. Give me some suggests about
software
> > and hardware and other things. Any help is appreciated.
> >

> There are various non-free software products that can handle this
> stuff. Your Dialogic dealer is probably able to get you in touch with
> a Dialogic solution provider. It seems to be what you're looking for
> (see below).

Yep, I know that. But actually that's what I should do. If have enough time,
I can write the system because it's not so difficult and I have write IVR
like systems on Dialogic. But this time, I have no time and I want to slack
off. There are so many good softwares, why don't use them?

> >    By the way, anyone can tell me the commercial license price of these
GPL
> > software: GNU Bayonne, GNUCOMM and Asterisk.
> >

> I believe no "commercial licence" exist for GNU <whatever>. For
> Asterisk, you should contact Digium directly (but then again, you
> should use zaptel hardware).

Maybe it's a good suggest. If Zaptel hardware and Asterisk meet my request,
I think maybe it a good choice. Does Zaptel hardware have a good price?