[Asterisk-Users] about voice conference system. I need suggests

Nicolas Bougues nbougues-listes at axialys.net
Tue Mar 16 07:35:36 MST 2004

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 10:10:01PM +0800, wangji wrote:

>    I am trying to deploy a conference system. There are 16 fxs ports, 16 fxo
> ports and 32 conference resource(device) with conference management system.
> It should support max to 16 parts in a conference and max to 8 conferences.
> And I only have 1 week to do that.

Looks ambitious...

>    I want to use Dialogic boards: 1 D160sc + 1 MSC160sc + 1 DCB320sc. I
> choice Dialogic because of I have wrote codes on Dialogic hardware. I have
> wrote codes use Globecall under Dialogic Linux release 5.1. And I never
> found those hardware like Quicknet, Zaptel, LineJack, Pika, VoiceTronix,
> etc. in my country. These hardware should spend my time to choice, buy and
> study.  In my country, people usually use Dialogic, NMS and audiocodes.

Zaptel devices don't have widespread retail channels. But I believe
you can buy them from about anywhere on earth, provided that you can
do a wire transfer and receive the Fedex guy. It's certainly possible
in China.

>    I find three open source softwares from Google: GNU Bayonne, GNUCOMM and
> Asterisk and other way like PublicVoiceXML. I read the documents of those
> softwares. It seems to not support Dialogic conference board DBC-320. I
> don't know if one of them support at this time. Who know that?

Asterisk is designed to use the host CPU to perform various kind of
tasks (signalling, signal processing including conferencing, etc.)
that are performed by embedded processors on Dialogic hardware. Thus,
it makes no sense to have support in Asterisk for every kind of
Dialogic board : they are overkill, and overpriced, to be used with
Asterisk no matter what.

>    I need to choice a solution to finish that job. It should be easy,
> powerful enough, cheaper, convenient. Give me some suggests about software
> and hardware and other things. Any help is appreciated.

There are various non-free software products that can handle this
stuff. Your Dialogic dealer is probably able to get you in touch with
a Dialogic solution provider. It seems to be what you're looking for
(see below).

>    By the way, anyone can tell me the commercial license price of these GPL
> software: GNU Bayonne, GNUCOMM and Asterisk.

I believe no "commercial licence" exist for GNU <whatever>. For
Asterisk, you should contact Digium directly (but then again, you
should use zaptel hardware).

--
Nicolas Bougues
Axialys Interactive