[Asterisk-Users] about voice conference system. I need suggests

wangji wangji at bjut.edu.cn
Tue Mar 16 07:10:01 MST 2004

Hi all,

   I am trying to deploy a conference system. There are 16 fxs ports, 16 fxo
ports and 32 conference resource(device) with conference management system.
It should support max to 16 parts in a conference and max to 8 conferences.
And I only have 1 week to do that.

   I want to use Dialogic boards: 1 D160sc + 1 MSC160sc + 1 DCB320sc. I
choice Dialogic because of I have wrote codes on Dialogic hardware. I have
wrote codes use Globecall under Dialogic Linux release 5.1. And I never
found those hardware like Quicknet, Zaptel, LineJack, Pika, VoiceTronix,
etc. in my country. These hardware should spend my time to choice, buy and
study.  In my country, people usually use Dialogic, NMS and audiocodes.

   I find three open source softwares from Google: GNU Bayonne, GNUCOMM and
Asterisk and other way like PublicVoiceXML. I read the documents of those
softwares. It seems to not support Dialogic conference board DBC-320. I
don't know if one of them support at this time. Who know that?

   I need to choice a solution to finish that job. It should be easy,
powerful enough, cheaper, convenient. Give me some suggests about software
and hardware and other things. Any help is appreciated.

   By the way, anyone can tell me the commercial license price of these GPL
software: GNU Bayonne, GNUCOMM and Asterisk.

Best regards,

Jimway