[Asterisk-Users] ISDN BRI with DDI support

Maros RAJNOCH rajnoch at iqvision.sk
Tue Mar 16 07:11:17 MST 2004

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 06:16:59PM +0100, Diego Ercolani wrote:
> Il 17:36, luned? 15 marzo 2004, Maros RAJNOCH ha scritto:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I want to build in my small company little PBX with asterisk.
> > I have one ISDN BRI link with DDI preselection and a couple of analog
> > phones.
> >
> > I need somethink like this
> >
> >                +----------------------+----------- phone 1 (extension 1)
> >
> >                | LINUX with ASTERISK  +----------- phone 2 (extension 2)
> >
> > ISDN BRI DDI   |                      +----------- phone 3 (extension 3)
> >         -------+                      |
> >
> >                |                      +----------- phone 4 (extension 4)
> >
> >                +----------------------+----------- phone 5 (extension 5)
> >

> > So, my problem is, I'm lost in lots of abbreviations, and I have no idea
> > which pci card to select.
> >
> > I know, I need one ISDN BRI DDI card for incoming isdn line
> > and some pci cards with RJ11 for analog phones.
> >
> > 1) can anybody help me to select correct pci cards?
> > 2) can i use more then one isdn cards (connected together) if I need
> > more the 2 simultaneous phone calls?
> >
> > THANK you very much.
> This is what i've understood....
> 1) Digium TDM40B offer 4 FXS to connect 4 analog phones.... two TDM cards are
> allowed on the samemachine but not more because of bus
my count: if I have 6PCI slots on mainboard in my PC, i can use e.g.:
1 slot for incoming ISDN card, and remaining 5 slots for TDM40B
so totaly I can in internal office connect 5 times 4 analog phone = 20
phones. am i true?
> 2) No, althought ISDN is a bus, BRI connection can allow only two calls at the
> same time. You have to move to PRI if you want more usable lines.
i mean this situation: i buy 2 ISDN BRI lines for one DDI.
now can i do serial connection of two cards in a view to  2x2
simultaneous phone calls = 4 simultaneous phone calls on the same DDI?