[Asterisk-Users] ISDN BRI with DDI support

Diego Ercolani ercolani-asterisk-users at yacme.com
Mon Mar 15 10:16:59 MST 2004

Il 17:36, lunedì 15 marzo 2004, Maros RAJNOCH ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to build in my small company little PBX with asterisk.
> I have one ISDN BRI link with DDI preselection and a couple of analog
> phones.
>
> I need somethink like this
>
>                +----------------------+----------- phone 1 (extension 1)
>
>                | LINUX with ASTERISK  +----------- phone 2 (extension 2)
>
> ISDN BRI DDI   |                      +----------- phone 3 (extension 3)
>         -------+                      |
>
>                |                      +----------- phone 4 (extension 4)
>
>                +----------------------+----------- phone 5 (extension 5)
>

> So, my problem is, I'm lost in lots of abbreviations, and I have no idea
> which pci card to select.
>
> I know, I need one ISDN BRI DDI card for incoming isdn line
> and some pci cards with RJ11 for analog phones.
>
> 1) can anybody help me to select correct pci cards?
> 2) can i use more then one isdn cards (connected together) if I need
> more the 2 simultaneous phone calls?
>
> THANK you very much.
This is what i've understood....
1) Digium TDM40B offer 4 FXS to connect 4 analog phones.... two TDM cards are
allowed on the samemachine but not more because of bus
2) No, althought ISDN is a bus, BRI connection can allow only two calls at the
same time. You have to move to PRI if you want more usable lines.

I'm not totally sure but this would be true enought.....