[Asterisk-Users] Calling one local SIP user from another (using X-Lite)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Sun Mar 14 19:21:20 MST 2004

I'm having trouble (using a recent CVS Asterisk) calling one local SIP user
from another (using X-Lite as the SIP phone).  My "sip.conf" file is as
follows:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
[general]
port = 5060                     ; Port to bind to
bindaddr = <IP-address-of-Asterisk-machine>          ; Address to bind to
context = default               ; Default for incoming calls
disallow=all
allow=gsm
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

[user1]
type=friend
username=user1
secret=<password-for-user1>
host=dynamic
context=default

[user2]
type=friend
username=user2
secret=<password-for-user2>
host=dynamic
context=default

I have X-Lite running on two client computers.  On the first computer,
X-Lite is registered (successfully) as "user1"; on the second, X-Lite is
registered (successfully) as "user2".  From either computer, I am able to
successfully call the 'demo' extension, and voice mail.  However, if I try
to call "user2" from user1's X-Lite - or vice-versa - I get a "404 Not
Found" error.

Is there anything obvious that I'm doing wrong?  (In particular, do I also
need to add entries to "extensions.conf" for "user1" and "user2"??)

	Ross.