[Asterisk-Users] VoYP.Net: voip directory and ENUM registry

Greg Retkowski greg at rage.net
Sun Mar 14 17:44:58 MST 2004

A quick announcement for a project I have started; VoYP.Net, a VoIP
yellow-pages directory & ENUM service. Take a look, register your voip
contact info. I am seeking feedback on it's usability and utility!

This is the initial public test release of VoYP.Net. The site provides
directory for voip-accessable resources on the Internet. It is set up in a
hierarchy which can be browsed or searched. Users can search the database
by their area code limiting results to geographically local resources.

VoYP.Net also implements ENUM. ENUM is an IETF-released protocol which
allows analog telephone numbers to be translated to VoIP resources. It
allows calls using analog telephone numbers to be routed entirely over the
internet avoiding telephone charges.

-- Greg

Greg Retkowski /     I.T. Infrastructure Consultant       /)/|//`
greg at rage.net  http://www.rage.net/~greg/ C:408-455-3913 /|/ /_/