[Asterisk-Users] Variable digit length in national dial plan

Musaluke AK goof at coppernet.zm
Sun Mar 14 09:03:12 MST 2004

Does the * actually send all the digits? Does it matter what the 10th or 11th
digit is? I had a similar problem with calls going to an extension hooked to
a GSM terminal on our PBX ( not *).
All didits were being sent by * but the PBX would ignore the last one, so you
had to send any digit after your real number to be dialed. So I told * to add
the last digit like so:

exten => _00XX.,1,Dial(Zap/g2/${EXTEN}8)
Note where the '8' is. It works whatever digit I use here.

At least that worked for me, not sure that is your problem.

goof

On Sunday 14 March 2004 2:58 pm, marco.parisotto at puntocontatto.it wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> we are integrating Asterisk between PSTN and a Panasonic PBX using 2 E100P
> cards
> and  PRI lines.
>
> ------PSTN----<>--PRI---Asterisk----<>-----PRI---Panasonic PBX
>
> Everything works fine except for outgoing calls.
> In Italy the local call may have a variable lenght (9 or 10 digit). How
> can we
> instruct Asterisk to wait the possibly 10th digit?
> We tried to configure the extension.con as follow:
> ;emergency number
> exten => _1xx,1,Dial(Zap/g2/${EXTEN})
> ;international
> exten => _00XX.,1,Dial(Zap/g2/${EXTEN})
> ;Local  9 Digit
> exten => _0XXXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/g2/${EXTEN})
> ;Local 10 Digit
> exten => _0XXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/g2/${EXTEN})
>
> But it does not work.... while attempting a number of ten digit asterisk
> sends out a 9 lenght digit number, ignoring the 10th digit.
> We have a work around that consists in terminating the dialed number
> with a # character... But it is very unprofessional solution.
> May someone help us?
> Best regards,
>
> Marco

You cannot give a goat to a man as a gift and still hold on to the rope.