[Asterisk-Users] Fedora w/o capi isdn - any other recomended distribution?

nathan nathan at yorkukhosting.com
Sun Mar 14 06:12:07 MST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Janusz
Starzyk
Sent: 13 March 2004 23:51
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Fedora w/o capi isdn - any other recomended
distribution?

<snip>

But now I tried to get AVM ISDN card working. Additionally I have
installed chan_capi. But the module can not be loaded.
Googling I have found few pages (unfortunately only in dutch and german)
suggesting removing Fedora's isdn packages and installing capi4k-utils.
I did it, but to install capi4k-utils I have to reinstall removed isdn
packages back. And it's still not working.

<snip> Can somebody please recommend me any other reliable linux
distribution or guide me to a page with simple hints how to get asterisk
working on Fedora with AVM card?

Hi Janusz,

Try Suse 9, I got a test asterisk server up and running with ISDN
easily. The
AVM CAPI drivers come with Suse 9, so you don't have to mess with
downloading
the drivers from www.avm.de

Thinking about fedora, did you modify /etc/capi.conf ?

Regards,
Nathan.