[Asterisk-Users] General Caller ID question

John Fraizer tvo at enterzone.net
Sat Mar 13 22:00:21 MST 2004

The CID NAME is able to be sent to other SIP/IAX devices.  That is how those
are used.

Don't get me wrong... I think that Asterisk sends the complete CLID (name +
number) on PRI and T1 interfaces to the telco.  It is just that the telco
ignores the "name" portion and looks it up in its own database.

John